If you feel you have the skills and enthusiasm to work with us, please email your CV and covering letter to email@example.com.
Strictly no agencies please. We already have exclusive agreements in place.
- Reporting to: Helpdesk Manager
- Location: Cardiff
- Salary: Dependent on skills and experience
- Hours: Full time 37.5 hours per week
An exciting new position to build a career in travel technology
Tigerbay was launched in 2008 in response to the demand for purpose-built tour operator web technology. Since then Tigerbay has designed, built and developed a system that can be delivered as an end-to-end sales and management system, or integrated with existing websites. We are currently 28 staff with offices in central Cardiff. We have several high profile customers including Mark Warner, Simpson Travel and Martin Randall.
In December, 2015, Tigerbay was acquired by the ATCORE Technology Group providing Tigerbay with investment and support from the leading supplier of high performance and e-commerce platforms to the largest leisure travel companies. ATCORE’s customers include Thomson, First Choice, TUI & Thomas Cook.
Tigerbay has experienced steady and sustainable growth, building an industry-leading reputation. We live and breathe travel, keeping abreast of the latest trends and developments and forging close relationships with our customers across the industry. We are also members of the TTI (Travel Technology Initiative) and ITT (Institute of Travel and Tourism).
Our key strength is our in-depth knowledge in both ‘Travel’ and ‘Technology’. We understand that both are required in this business and we therefore hold both equally important. Our strategy so far, and into the future, is to recruit only the best people and nurture them with the skills to succeed and we reward them accordingly. We are looking for an individual to join us and develop along an ambitious career path. There will be many opportunities for training and specialisation along the way. The work will be varied and interesting.
Our ideal candidate will receive training and insight on:
- How to use the TigerBay software.
- The in-house software production processes
- Tour operator business processes from cradle to grave
- Skills to support tour operators in their use of our software
Key Duties will include:
- Providing 1st line technical support to our customer base
- Logging, prioritising and analysis of service calls generated from either project implementation or through the Helpdesk.
- Testing product functionality and recreating user scenarios. Liaising with customers to understand their needs and issues.
- Updating the help desk ticket management system proactively
- Undertaking support or project work, as assigned by the Helpdesk Manager or the Delivery Manager
There is no minimum qualification or previous experience in regard to this role. Instead, we seek very bright and very ambitious people. Strong written, verbal and analytical skills are highly desirable and a keen interest in Travel or Technology, or both, is advantageous. However, if you already have experience of working in a software house or provider on either implementation projects or product support then this could be the opportunity for you.
Salary dependent on your skills and experience.
We also offer an impressive benefits package which includes a 5% contributory pension, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and 25 days holiday.
Senior Software Developer
Senior Software Developer
- Reporting to: Development Manager
- Location: Central Cardiff
- Salary: Competitive salary, with benefits package
- Hours: Full time, 37.5 hours a week
An exciting and challenging role is available for an enthusiastic .NET software developer, capable of extending their .NET knowledge and technical skills in cutting-edge travel software products and travel booking websites.
The work is unique and challenging, creating a fantastic opportunity, with excellent career progression, for any developer who wants to learn more, learn new technologies and keep pushing themselves.
* Hands-on development in a range of web technologies with the focus on ASP.NET / MVC in C#.
* Design robust and scalable solutions.
* Write unit tests.
* Identify impact of possible implementation options.
* Test and review code for technical accuracy, standards, and functional compliance to the design.
* Work within Agile sprints to consistently complete development tasks within the sprint.
* Create and defend estimates and help the team do the same.
* Follow and contribute to the software development processes and standards.
* Become a subject matter expert and technical lead in key nominated areas of our systems.
* Coaching and mentoring other members of the team.
Required skills and expertise
* 4+ years’ experience in ASP.NET web development (C# and / or VB).
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to explain issues clearly and simply, both orally and in writing.
* Creative and able to demonstrate flair, but with a logical and methodical approach to problem-solving and a strong attention to detail.
Desirable skills and expertise
* ASP.NET MVC, ASP.NET Web API, Entity Framework.
* ASP.NET Web Forms.
* XML, JSON, APIs (SOAP, RESTful and WCF).
* Microsoft SQL Server, MongoDB.
* Visual Studio Unit Testing Framework.
* Version control with Subversion.
* Working in an Agile environment.
Why Work With Us?
We believe that with exceptional technology and the right people, we can deliver unrivalled customer satisfaction.
Tigerbay is a Cardiff-based technology business, creating online systems for the travel industry.
We have developed a supportive and passionate culture, united behind our shared goals for the business and our clients.
As we grow, we relish the chance to build our team with talented and highly skilled people who can contribute to the company’s future development.
We value the contribution and success of every employee, investing in their personal and professional development through ongoing nurturing and mentoring.
We offer an impressive benefits package which includes a 5% contributory pension, private medical insurance, permanent health insurance and flexible workings hours.